Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Power of 10

Every now and then I spend some time reading... not Cyclingnews or Velonews or Bicycling Magazine, but Time Magazine, Money, National Geographic, or sometimes maybe even a book that is not written at the fifth-grade level.

In the most current issue of Time the editors pose the question, "Why do we go list-crazy at the end of every year?" They then procede to give their top ten reasons why. I've been toying with the idea of another top ten list... the top ten best DBCJRT moments of 2007 or My ten favorite memories of 2007 cycling or... you get what I'm after. But, I've already used top ten lists at least twice on this blog. Remember Madera or more recently, The top ten things I learned on the Jesse Ride... I'm hesitant to use another top ten list because using the same format too many times is a sure way to bore the three of you that actually read this thing...

So, instead, why don't y'all comment with you favorite and/or least favorite moments from 2007 cycling and I'll do my creative best to compile them into some semblence of interesting before we turn the page on the calendar.

The rules are simple: if it is remotely related to cycling-- DBCJRT, NorCal Juniors, NorCal Elites, Prosies, etc, etc, etc-- comment on it.

This may be a cheap and easy way to fill content, but more likely, I've forgotten many of the best/worst moments of 07... They say that the first thing to go when you get old is your memory. I forget what the second, third, and fourth things to go are, but I do look for other things to do while I'm bent down after tying my shoes...

9 comments:

A W Fo Sho said...

Best: Taylor leaving the door open at Valley of the sun when we went out to dinner.

Worst: Jesse ride... two sundays ago...

Anonymous said...

best: Jan asking about the "funeral cakes" and taking the waitress's dollar at madera

worst: the road race at valley of the sun

Anonymous said...

Best: " come here ill take you" valley of the sun... and when you wrecked on the jesse ride after me and the beast were stacked up on jesse andd you were stacked up on us hahaha. insane corner and it came out of nowhere!!

Worst: me braking my wrist while blowing my nose (on a training ride).... nuuuuube status hahaha

A W Fo Sho said...

yah those man holes will bite you if you don't look out...

Anonymous said...

Worst: Copperopolis RR, 17-18's

Anonymous said...

worst: two weekends 2 crashes
best making to the top of patterson pass on final lap

Anonymous said...

Worst: watching your son suffer in races, getting fustrated due to lack of training time
Best: watching him develop in the past 6 months due to proper training

Auffderbach said...

Best: Cat 3 race @ The Challenge.

Worst: Jr. 17-18 road race @ Natz.

Anonymous said...

Best:Gold Nugget Junior Stage Race
Worst:Merco Credit Union Downtown Grand Prix

Yard Sale

______________________________________

New Ultegra 10-speed Shifters... $250 (discounted for juniors)

contact damavu@hotmail.com to purchase

______________________________________

Authentic DBCJRT Clothing

New 2008 Race Jersey... sizes sm, md, xl... $56/ea
New 2007 Race Jersey... size sm... $28
New 2006 3/4 zip Jersey... size lg... $28
New 2006 Wind Vest... size lg...$27
New 2008 Peloton Shorts... size md... $56
New 2008 Bib Shorts... sizes sm, md... $56/ea
New 2007 Bib Shorts... size sm... $28/ea
New DBCJRT Socks... sizes sm, md, lg, xl... $7/pair

contact samnbad@comcast.net to purchase