Friday, February 1, 2008

What's the plan?

Saturday: 3.5 hours with lotsa ME and SFR. It's supposed to rain in the afternoon so I imagine the kidlets will wake me up early.

Sunday: Paskenta... Staz, El Gigante, AWfoSho, and TK are planning on grinding out the 100 miles with most of the DBC Elite Team. We're gonna drag the radios out even if we look like a bunch of Fred's just so TK and AWfoSho can log some air time (read: practice) all mic'd up with the rest of the Elite Team. It's supposed to rain all day in Chico so I'm thankful that I've been requested to drive support. That way I can be yelling into the radio all toasty warm in the car while the kidlets suffer like drowned rats. Hopefully nobody will flat. That way the closest I'll come to getting wet is when I roll the window down to hand up a bottle.

I know what I'm doing all weekend. I'm hoping that many of the other kidlets will be down in Fremont grabbing hold of a last dosing of experience before the real thing kicks off at Cherry Pie next weekend.

Speaking of Cherry Pie... looks like 50 or so ankle biters are reg'd for the 15/16-17/18 race. some familiar names, but lotsa new faces too. I've got an inkling as to how this one is gonna turn out, but I'ma gonna keep me thoughts to meself for the time being. As for the younger young'ns, I see Dishes is all set to do battle, but rumor has it that Karch has plans to turn the cranks in anger as does Kelbster. I've got my pick for this race too, but will withold its secret as well. Gotta say I'm looking forward to seeing how all the DBCJRT kidlets do in the adult races... good test of the early season form.

Speak up... let me know what your plans are. Riding? Racing? Couchin' it watching good commercials on Sunday?

4 comments:

FWS said...

OK... Wha'da mean by be'n a bunch
O' Fred's? Jus cause I'm old, do not mean I goofy! Jus member that
it'l be be this ol' geezer breathin' down der youngster
backside on one of dem dar
racer rides a com'in up... :)

Steve said...

beggin' yer pardon. no offense meant.

Anonymous said...

fremont. then superbowl.

Anonymous said...

nevermmind. change of plans. mountain bike race intown instead.

http://www.tbfracing.com/events/mtbchallenge1.html

Yard Sale

______________________________________

New Ultegra 10-speed Shifters... $250 (discounted for juniors)

contact damavu@hotmail.com to purchase

______________________________________

Authentic DBCJRT Clothing

New 2008 Race Jersey... sizes sm, md, xl... $56/ea
New 2007 Race Jersey... size sm... $28
New 2006 3/4 zip Jersey... size lg... $28
New 2006 Wind Vest... size lg...$27
New 2008 Peloton Shorts... size md... $56
New 2008 Bib Shorts... sizes sm, md... $56/ea
New 2007 Bib Shorts... size sm... $28/ea
New DBCJRT Socks... sizes sm, md, lg, xl... $7/pair

contact samnbad@comcast.net to purchase