Friday, January 11, 2008

Living in 357 Square Feet

Found myself wanderin' 'bout Ikea in West Sac the other day. If you've never been there, it's kinda cool. Upstairs they have all these displays, downstairs is where you pick up all the goodies... anyway, they have this one display called Living in 357 Square Feet. Honest, they have everything including the bathroom crammed into that little box. And, I think I could do it. I've gotten pretty good at crammin' stuff into small spaces...

So, the storm the other day left all kinds of neighbors with water damage and what not that they have to deal with. I was one of the lucky ones but got to thinkin'. Maybe it's time to go around the apartment taking pictures again, for insurance purposes you know...

lotsa stuff crammed into little spaces, but no space more important than this one... if you look close, you can see the pegboard underneath all the tools... that is where I went all Martha Stewart and glued the kidlets old race numbers onto the pegboard-- watered down Elmers glue and a paintbrush. I think I read about it in one of my mom's magazines while passing time in her guest bathroom a few weeks back.

The artwork on the wall is the first bike that AWfoSho ever raced... got the frame from Kimo, of Innerlight fame, for a song... the tune went down something like a bottle of wine and a gift certificate to a local restaraunt.

I think if you look around on the ground floor at Ikea you can find something called bike shop in a box. When you get it home and open it up it looks something like you've seen here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a re-org of the apartment? I'll have to drop by soon...

Anonymous said...

Don't see the race numbers, no matter how closely I look! Where are the tools?

Anonymous said...

Don't see the race numbers, no matter how closely I look! Where are the tools?

Anonymous said...

Dang double-click!

Anonymous said...

Duh! Found it when I zoomed. Looks great, Martha!

Yard Sale

______________________________________

New Ultegra 10-speed Shifters... $250 (discounted for juniors)

contact damavu@hotmail.com to purchase

______________________________________

Authentic DBCJRT Clothing

New 2008 Race Jersey... sizes sm, md, xl... $56/ea
New 2007 Race Jersey... size sm... $28
New 2006 3/4 zip Jersey... size lg... $28
New 2006 Wind Vest... size lg...$27
New 2008 Peloton Shorts... size md... $56
New 2008 Bib Shorts... sizes sm, md... $56/ea
New 2007 Bib Shorts... size sm... $28/ea
New DBCJRT Socks... sizes sm, md, lg, xl... $7/pair

contact samnbad@comcast.net to purchase