Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Greatest Racket of All Time

okay... maybe it isn't the greatest, but it is pretty darn close. I should have thought of it. Then I would be laughing all the way to the bank...

I'm about as apolitical as they come. I rarely vote, I have never protested something, mostly I just shrug and say, "That's the way of it all." I have my reasons for being as such, but that is a topic for another day and another blog... anyways, I've never been closer to protesting something as I was tonight. Maybe it is just because I'm on the back side of an 11 parent-teacher conference day (5 1/2 hours straight of talking about other peoples kids), but The Sea Otter Classic promoters and Active.com set me off.

$45.00 for a junior road race? Are you kidding? $40.00 for a junior circuit race? Say whaaa? And then, on top of that, Active hits you for a $7 service fee? Highway robbery...

$97 for two races where you have to park 3 miles from the start, fight your way thru all kinds of crowds and compete in a race on course with about 10 other groups riding at the same time. Then you get to wait hours for results to be posted...

If TK didn't have his heart set on winning this one before he grows up, I'd have not entered the kidlets this year.

When one registers on Active, who's service is sub-par when compared to Bike-Reg or Sportsbase Online, one has to check a box asking if this is your first Sea Otter or not. Each time I checked it I promised myself that it would be my last... next year I'm protesting exorbitant entry fees and absurd service charges with my feet.

$45.00 give me a freakin' break!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Steve, I'll protest for you!
-David
PS You have got to see my hair; you'll love it

Hobbsian said...

Agreed. One of the most overhyped and certainly not worth the money races around...

Yard Sale

______________________________________

New Ultegra 10-speed Shifters... $250 (discounted for juniors)

contact damavu@hotmail.com to purchase

______________________________________

Authentic DBCJRT Clothing

New 2008 Race Jersey... sizes sm, md, xl... $56/ea
New 2007 Race Jersey... size sm... $28
New 2006 3/4 zip Jersey... size lg... $28
New 2006 Wind Vest... size lg...$27
New 2008 Peloton Shorts... size md... $56
New 2008 Bib Shorts... sizes sm, md... $56/ea
New 2007 Bib Shorts... size sm... $28/ea
New DBCJRT Socks... sizes sm, md, lg, xl... $7/pair

contact samnbad@comcast.net to purchase